Hoi,
Actually the issue is no longer only that. It is also very much about how a
subset of people high jack the conversation by their uncompromising stance.
When they feel they might leave, I personally prefer it when they stop
their posturing and decide either way.

When they want to stay, they do not need to be welcomed, they are part of
us. When they go, they are welcome and they can take with them everything
we have in the sense of data and software. It is then for them to show that
their proof is in their pudding. In the mean time WMF will continue to
engage in best practices both technically and socially and when they cook
something nice, what is on offer is there for the eating as well.

As far as I am concerned, put up or shut up.

It has been advertised widely that bugs will be squashed. It is also
advertised widely that changes will be considered as long as they are
reasonable and do not interfere with our prime directive.  Again, it is
about the readers not super users.
Thanks,
      GerardM