If you want to add a new image to Wikipedia, this image has to be on
Commons (nl-wiki situation).
If interwikilinks should be seen in the sidebar, the article needs to be
added to Wikidata.
This are the two relevant examples, other mentioned examples are not
relevant as there is requirement in place.

I give many workshops in editing Wikipedia and I see there two main issues
why new editors are experiencing editing Wikipedia as difficult: 1. there
is no social environment, 2. the software is too complex to handle. One of
the things the community expect is that articles are added to Wikidata, and
still this isn't made easier for them.

The complaint is that the users do not get a automatic message that it
should be added, so they do not see a reason to add it themselves. Further
they miss an easy way workflow to do this, exactly what I propose here.

That the English Wikipedia has once decided to shut down article creation
by unregistered users, this is on many wikis not the case. The English
Wikipedia is not the norm that should be followed everywhere.

Romaine