I am going to suggest something, but I have no idea of the development that
it will take.

Currently Visual Editor has Template forms. If Template data that has been
inputted into a form can be directed to be stored automatically in Wikidata
instead of Wikipedia, & that data is then pulled back into the page, I
believe this would be transparent to the editor.

Yours,
Peaceray