On 3/9/16 2:29 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the foundation and
> appoints its Executive Director. It seems very worrying that this body has
> now admitted that it's so out-of-touch with the workings of the
> organization that it ostensibly manages that it cannot fulfill one of its
> most basic duties: appointing an interim Executive Director.

No one, other than you, has said any such thing.  I would argue that the
decision to work with and trust the C level team to make a firm
recommendation at this time is precisely being *in touch* with the needs
of the organization at this time.

An out-of-touch board would dictate a particular decision without an
empowering consultation with the most informed and relevant
stakeholders.  I'm glad we aren't doing that.

--Jimbo