Hi Seddon,

By "And in this instance although the test was successful, we had decided
that
although a winner, it was the lessons to take away that were more
important. From there we hope to arrive at a banner that draws from the
success but is delivered in a way that is easier on the eye." are you
saying that
you've decided to discontinue the inline fundraising but will use lessons
learned
from it to design banners?

By the way, I thought that some of the WMF folks on Facebook had a good
idea when they suggested the "I <3 Wikipedia" frames on peoples' profile
pictures. That brings to mind that in a previous round of fundraising that
WMF
had banners with Wikimedians' photos and some fundraising messages that I
believe were written by them. Perhaps you could consider bringing back
a version of that campaign.

I believe that there is some tradeoff in the length of the campaign and the
boldness of the fundraising, so to a certain extent I'm reluctantly willing
to accept bold fundraising if that means that the campaign ends sooner.

I feel strongly that the campaign should stick to 100% of its stated
target,
not intentionally overshoot the target for purposes of padding the
reserves. When WMF says that its goal is $X, then it should end the
campaign when it has high certainty that it has reached $X. If that means
that a campaign ends a week early, so much the better.

Thanks,

Pine