More than it represents a feasible concept that can be significantly
improved upon. Reducing it's footprint, improving the look and feel so that
it reduces its impact on the page.

With regards to user appeals with photos:
1) They are notoriously difficult to be successful. We spent a whole year
trying to beat Jimmy's face and Brandon was the only one who ever came
close.
2) our banners follow closely trends on the wider web. Donor preferences at
the moment seem to follow an image-lite experience. We tried last year
reintroducing info graphics or pictures only to remove them again. Its an
area we regularly reassess to see if our readers tastes have changed.

Seddon