If one submits material regarding undisclosed paid editing to arbcom and
there is no reply, it is fairly obvious that few cases would continue to be
submitted. Expecially when arbcom makes it clear they have no desire to do
this follow up.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Sydney Poore <sydney.po...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Molly. I encouraged people interested in understanding the
> different views on the topic as it relates to Wikipedia English (and
> perhaps other wikis) to read this discussion.
>
> Sydney
>
> Sydney Poore
> User:FloNight
> Co-founder Kentucky Wikimedians,
> Co-founder WikiWomen User Group,
> Co-founder WikiConference North America
> Board member of Wiki Project Med Foundation,
> Member of Simple Annual Plan Grant Committee
>

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 2:11 PM, GorillaWarfare <
> gorillawarfarewikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Following up, this is the conversation I was remembering:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Harassment/Archive_11
> >
> > – Molly (GorillaWarfare)
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM, GorillaWarfare <
> > gorillawarfarewikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Pine,
> > >
> > > We quite rarely receive requests to look into suspicions of paid
> editing
> > > based on private information. We have historically been reluctant to
> act
> > on
> > > them for a number of reasons: it's very prone to error, it's often an
> > > incredible amount of work, and we open ourselves up personally to legal
> > > risk by doing so. I believe there was some discussion on this onwiki
> > around
> > > six months ago, I will try to dig up a link.
> > >
> > > – Molly (GorillaWarfare)

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine