I just want to note that the question i raised here was about what WMF itself
was doing about paid editing.

I was unhappy to see so much in that statement about what the community
can/should do.

I agree with the Arbcom statement that while it is good that Legal noted that
its comments about en-wiki were advisory only, the statement fails to deal
adequately with OUTING in en-wiki.  The issue is not easy and to be frank the
content in the statement about that was disappointingly not carefully
thought-through.  The objections were very easy to foresee.

I hope legal will revise it.

On Jan 26, 2017, at 2:45 PM, GorillaWarfare <gorillawarfarewikipe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The Arbitration Committee has just published a response to this statement:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee/Noticeboard#Response_to_the_Wikimedia_Foundation_statement_on_paid_editing_and_outing

– Molly (GorillaWarfare)