Hi,

I just want to endorse Gnangarra's final comment here as well - the best
way to get projects going is to get out and do them.  I was at a very
interesting Wikimania presentation given by Asaf Bartov in Hong Kong where
he posited that you needed at least five people involved in a project for
it to have good prospects of success.  The projects that Gnangarra is
spearheading in WA meet that criteria, but I would really like to see more
projects being offered up that everyone across the country could get
excited about and make meaningful contributions to, preferably without
needing to leave the comfort of their own home.  On the flipside, if you
sit around waiting for someone else to take the initiative and do the hard
work on that project you think is really important, then you might just be
waiting for a long time ;-).

The primary constraint for Wikimedia Australia in the past couple of years
has been volunteer time, not money.  I expect that that will continue to be
the case for the next twelve to eighteen months at least.

Cheers,
Craig