On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucher...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> You are a long time community member, you were working as Wikimedia
> Foundation paid contractor for some time, does that mean all the volunteer
> work you would have done before/after or during being a full time and paid
> staff of Foundation cease to have any value ?

This is what I was referring to, Implying that "the volunteer work you
would have done before/after or during being a full time and paid staff of
Foundation cease to have any value". I really don't see a single mention
that shiju or anyone's work "ceases to have value". He was, is, and will be
a well respected community member. I have said that in the first thread.
Currently, he is an employee, and justly, official reports from WMF should
reflect the work he does as an employee, that is all.

> I am referring to your previous full time and paid work for the Wikimedia
> Foundation 2010-2011
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_contractors#Individuals

Yes thank you. I don't think I have ever denied being a
contractor.....anywhere.(BTW that page is only for people who declare their
contract-work, there is large majority who is not there.) I know you like
to point to it, but you and shiju also received a grant for a project at
the same time, does you insinuation follow? should I add a link to it every
time discussions like this come up, or is it enough to just assume good
faith with your fellow community member? I have been trying for my part.

*
> " I don't think anyone said anything to that effect so far. "*
>
> Look at the similar comments from Anirudh on this thread related to people
> like Shiju and Subhashish.

I have read them at least a dozen time. I can't see the insinuation you are
extracting from it. It only says to carry the same demarcation well
respected and followed on-wiki, nothing more. If you think that it's not
important, you should ask WMF to change staff policy, he was suggesting
applying the same internal standards.

> As I have clearly explained earlier, such a segregation is only possible
> in virtual user accounts, not in real world action. If you want know, come
> do the donkey work !

This might be true and I said it is hard to do, but some attempt should be
made to try, at least. I do my own type of volunteer work, I don't question
yours, please don't question mine.

Again, Ashwin puts it eloquently, "more prudence and probity are the need
of the hour. More transparency, not more laissez faire." - I completely
agree.

Regards
Theo