If you're interested in going to schools, then you may find that the
schools are willing to cover the travel costs etc. in exchange for a
good educational session.

Something else to factor in, though, is the development of the
session content and any necessary materials. That can of course be
done on a volunteer basis, but it all depends on how ambitious the
sessions are, and whether e.g. a laptop and/or a projector needs to
be purchased (although nowadays most schools can provide those, I
guess).

Also, would the wikimedians going be paid for their time, or would
they have to volunteer it? If you pay for their time, then you tend
to get a lot more people interested in doing a session...

Mike