On Feb 18, 9:33 am, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The WMF has just announced grants for chapters: "If a chapter has
> work it wants to get done in the furtherance of our overall mission
> and goals during the fiscal year 2009-2010 (July 1, 2009 -June 30,
> 2010), but it cannot do it without financial support, the Wikimedia
> Foundation is inviting that chapter to ask the Wikimedia Foundation
> for funding."
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grants
>
> The deadline for this is 30 March. The value of the grant has to be >
> 500 USD.
>
> Does anyone have any projects in mind that could benefit from such a
> grant?
>
> Mike

Unfortunately, the Board is pretty busy at the moment organising the
AGM and related matters, so we don't really have the time to organise
anything on this by the deadline. However, if anyone in the community
is interested and able to put together a proposal for a project, we
have some time set aside next Tuesday to consider it.

All we need is a brief summary covering things like:

- the benefits of the project
- the funding requirements
- any other sources of funding
- the workload requirements (and who will be fulfilling this!)
- how the project will be organised
- whether its been done in the past and experiences gained

Please send any proposals to secret...@wikimedia.org.uk

Thanks!

Regards,