Can I disagree with Andrew's email? This sort of thing's best done
collaboratively, rather than coming from a single person, and that's
what a wiki's best at.

I've just set up a proposals page at:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projects/Proposals
Please could people go there to submit ideas, flesh them out and
volunteer for things that look interesting? There's a rough template
on there for how a proposal should probably look, but there's no
formal process involved. If you can't think of anything, then there's
plenty of ideas at http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projects/Ideas .

Mike