Pe vineri, 8 martie 2019, bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com> a scris:

> "tracked" does not mean someone is planning to work on it. This could be
> for a lot of reasons, maybe the bug is unclear, maybe its not obvious what
> a good way to fix is, maybe nobody cares (This sounds harsh, but the simple
> truth is, different things have different people caring about them, and
> some parts just don't have anyone).
>
> This is not really a paid vs unpaid thing. Volunteer projects have a big
> backlog of bugs. Commercial projects also have a backlog or things they
> just don't intend to fix (although usually big commercial projects keep the
> list of bug reports secret).

How many successful commercial projects leave customer issues unresolved
for years because they're working on something else now? I can name a few
which used to do that because they were monopolies, but even those improved
eventually, pressured  by the market. There are companies that require
weekly reports of progress on customer issues, others that don't release
until all bugs are closed one way or another etc.

The discussion at https://lists.gt.net/wiki/wikitech/889489 is relevant, I
believe. The request there was to not decline low-priority issues that
might be resolved by volunteers and this clearly increases the number of
open bugs (as I said, there are good reasons for that :) ). There were a
number of proposals on how to track such issues so that reporters have a
clear image of the status of the bugs. Have any of them been tried by at
least one of the teams at wmf? If so, is there a way to share the results
with other teams? If not, how can we convince the wmf to give them a
chance?

Strainu