fred wrote:
Why in the world, I want to know, are organ availability notifications
going out via email???!!! Seriously. How fun will it be when they
start serving subpeonas and such that way - What I never got that
email??

I don't think subpoenas will get there for a while (if ever), because those require positive proof of service. There's no email equivalent to registered mail, that requires a signature. (Some email clients do support "return receipt," but that's nowhere near universal. I always turn it off because it bugs me, and my office's Webmail interface doesn't even support it.)

Though it's already possible, and in some jurisdictions preferred, to file routine legal stuff through email or through a Web interface of some sort.

David Smith
MVN.net