I've been around here for 8 years (well, WISP lists in general) so I
can't be a troll in my own house! :) And this is not about Alvarion,
it's about legal vs. illegal systems.

As much as I like kit cars Ryan (I always thought it'd be cool to build
one), your analogy is incorrect. The FCC certifies assembled systems.
This is not a matter of opinion.

Now will the FCC hunt you down for it? No, but they don't half to. It
leaves you vulnerable to local competitors who could use your illegality
to push their agenda in a civil court with a halfway smart telecom
attorney (another Part 15 has no protections against other Part 15
users, but you'd not be a Part 15 user, you'd be an illegal user).

For this reason alone it might make your investment worthless in the
eyes of most who might otherwise want to buy you out.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628