When I had a wisp, we made all customers create their account online at the
end of the install. The first step was agreeing to our terms so that nobody
could access our network without clicking through the TOS page and then
filling out their information. That was it. It also had the added benefit of
showing them thier service was working since they had to do it over the
internet.

Cameron