Yes I agree.

Well in addition to the desired masks, it is probably best to also
do a general (no mask) search.

I can run an entire COLL category for you guys, just prepare the
input lines, so I don't have to think about it. E-mail them to me at
d_funny007 [at] yahoo.

1 COLL times 12 edge possibilites (though usually less) times 4
maskings times 3 metrics is 144 (though typically half due to
symmetries) ACube runs per COLL... this is rediculous (although I
can do one in one night if need be).

We need to take out STM and one of the masks, you see we don't
really lose much, it usualy happens that the nice RUF or URD algs
come through in the general search. (RUL algs are genereal too far
away from optimal to catch in the general serach)

If we just do RULM and a general search, each in FTM only then it's
only 24 outputs to sort through per COLL case (and thare are not too
many COLLs). Only if there is some serious problems with finding a
good one there should we go farther.

But this is my opinion only, and I acknowledge that being part of a
group means that I will have to do what ever task is assigned to me.

Thus I await school to be over so that someone from self-
selected "group A" gives me concrete instructions. Until then I will
continue posting my "no CP" algs, which have been in my notes and
gone through a few years of evolution.

Also, if no one wants to do this task, I guess I can spend time
coding something that will generate a lot of input lines. But that
will take up a lot of my time.

Ok perhaps someone here has time, and wants to take up a chunk of
the ZBLL and type out the input lines for them. And before you run
them, e-mail them to me and if I'm not terribly busy I bet I will
beat your computer to it. (don't take my enthusiasm the wrong way)

Also, just to get started with things (as we wait for further
direction from our fearless leader), could some one go through T1
timings for Chris's page, look at his T5 algs, and also my L1 algs
that I posted earlier, as well as the ones someone else posted
earlier at http://www.belgiancubes.be/zbll/ for diagonal CP H-
Orientaion cases.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
put a
> mask. WHat I do is I just ask him a solution and then I work on it
to be
> able to do it a bit faster but this might not be the best approach.
>
> Gilles.
>
> 2005/12/13, Doug Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >  Who here wants STM optimized algs? We aren't Corners First
people
> > here, I used to search only in STM on principle, but I no longer
> > feel it holds much potential. I use it a lot for my ELL though,
but
> > that's totally different.
> >
> > I think it's better to look at the output of a QTM or HTM set,
and
> > look for those that then lowest in STM.
> >
> > This times 3 factor is a bit daunting for the timespan I
imagine. It
> > would be great if we could get all the Acube outputs generated
very
> > early on and then have everybody filter through it.
> >
> > I think
> > RULM = 431,
> > RUF = 510,
> > URD = 610,
> > and general search
> > would be enough. I have a thing for URD type ones.
> >

> > -Doug
> >

> > --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Yeah I agree, using each turn mask all the time would make this
> > take
> > > forever.
> > >
> > > For cases that are really bad I try a lot of those different
turn
> > > masks though too to try to find something.
> > >
> > > I wouldn't throw out RULM, or maybe I can do all the RULM
searches,
> > > since some of my best ZBLL algs use M turns in an otherwise RUL
> > type
> > > alg too.
> > >
> > > This is where we need to find out what type of turns we all
like
> > the
> > > most, and try to accomodate everyone.
> > >
> > > Actualyl it will take longer for just RUL searches, but will
> > include
> > > RULM moves too, maybe Doug we could condense the RUL into RULM
and
> > be
> > > left with
> > >
> > > RULM = 431
> > > RUF = 510
> > > URD = 610
> > >
> > > The problem is I also like RULD = 630 moves and already 4 is
> > getting
> > > to be too much to do for every case.
> > >
> > > Perhaps we can restrict to the "all" general searches, and
only do
> > the
> > > other side searches in case one of the cases we try just does
not
> > have
> > > anything good at all.  The problem is that if we do these side
> > > searches for everything, Doug you may run too many searches.
Say
> > the
> > > RUL algs for one case stink, but the general includes an
optimal
> > alg
> > > that is awesome?  We have then wasted that search time.
> > >
> > > I think getting just the QTM/HTM/STM searches for each case
would
> > be
> > > an ok starting point.  From there STM solvers, HTM solvers,
etc.
> > can
> > > search for the ones they like and if the algs stink, then
> > individualyl
> > > we can go through and search for lots of different metrics to
find
> > > good alg.
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > > Chris
> > >
> > > --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > searching

> > within

> > RULM.

> > HTM.

> > adds a

> > These

> > can do
> > still
ACube)
> > won't
> > the

> > searches
I've

ACube,

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > count
> > into a

> > the

> > admin
> > processor)

> > it's

t=ms&k=Free+puzzle+games&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzle+game
&w3=Puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w6=Free
+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=qljvUQ8Gkqto7sYZehM0Rw> Computer
> > puzzle game<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Computer+puzzle+game&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzle+g
ame&w3=Puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w6=F
ree+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=_v5-R0pBnhV4Tjrg5U13Nw>  Puzzle
> > games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Puzzle+games&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzle+game&w3=P
uzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w6=Free+puzz
le+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=3LhjnYn7MA5ejykrHu0H2w>   Jigsaw
> > puzzle game<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzle+gam
e&w3=Puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w6=Fre
e+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=TJhCRsQCJOCRmiUG0xL_AA>  Online
> > puzzle games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Online+puzzle+games&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzle+ga
me&w3=Puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w6=Fr
ee+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=4SflT4C9EuKsATfkktqlaw>  Free
> > puzzle inlay games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Free+puzzle+inlay+games&w1=Free+puzzle+games&w2=Computer+puzzl
e+game&w3=Puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Online+puzzle+games&w
6=Free+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=ehJh-18MP8qh2xMm9LwrCQ>
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<zbmethod-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>