First I'd like to say that this is an excellent time to get this
going. Winter break is coming up and I believe Chris will be out of
school very soon.

I would like to help with maintaining web content since that is
something I'm good at.

Also, we don't need a group C. I can generate faster than anyone
here probably, since I work in a computer lab (and have two 3Ghz
computers in front of me). Just give me a txt with all the input
sequences and I bet I can get like 300 done a day.
(Remember to use the ~U and the mask code for say RULM.)
This should be done by group A.

We need much more group D people, heck everyone should be a group D
person.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Richard Patterson and I have been talking, and here is a proposed
> delgation of responsibility.  We're really turning into a research
> team like Gilles said, so I think it would be best if we delegated
the
> responsibility.
>
> Here is the proposed delegation.  Let's see how this would work
based
> on our resources, and also with what each person wants to do.

> A->  The lead will be in charge of delegating groups B, C, & D.
>
> B->  Those in charge of Web Space Management have two main
> responsibilities.  First,
> to receive raw sequences from group C, and to post them online in a
> way that it is
> readily available for group D.  Second, to post optimized sequences
> received from
> group D.
>
> C->  This group's main responsibility is to generate raw sequences
for
> target cases,
> as delegated by the lead.  Upon generating those raw cases, this
group
> will be
> responsible for sending their output to group B.
>
> D->  This group is responsible for optimizing raw sequences posted
> online by group B.  Upon optimizing, this group will send their
> results to group B to be posted.
>
> **  To insure focus and synergy among the groups, the lead must
> collaborate with all
> the groups.  The target cases should be known and sought by each
> group.  This will
> help for organizational purposes.
>
> Also since we are a small group, we may need to overlap a little
bit
> as well.  I am willing to do any of the above responsibilities.  My
> computer processor is open for searching, and I also really enjoy
> optimizing sequences.
>
> Also we can use my space on speedcubing.com to post sequences that
are
> both raw sequences and optimized.  I will e-mail Ron as well and
see
> if we can use the space on the algorithms page for our final
sequences.

> This is really exciting!  I think with this group effort to
optimize
> ZBLL that we will be able to bring it into prominence as a method
and
> get others interested.  Also, I belive that a group effort could
make
> ZB a very efficient method, possibly even more efficient that
Fridrich.

> It sounds like we are all dedicated and ready to start working on
the
> method.  All we need now is to organize ourselves and we can really
> efficiently start optimizing algs.
>
> Let me know what you think.  It already sounds like we have people
> wanting to do certain things, so let's try to organize.
>
> First thing, everyone say what you think of the proposed
delegation.
> First off, does it fit our resources?  Also, do we have enough
people
> to make this work?  I've made a database, basically just a roll
call,
> of who is interested in working in taking part of the optimization.
>
> Well, we won't be the inventors of ZB, but we'll sure be
remembered as