Who here wants STM optimized algs? We aren't Corners First people
here, I used to search only in STM on principle, but I no longer
feel it holds much potential. I use it a lot for my ELL though, but
that's totally different.

I think it's better to look at the output of a QTM or HTM set, and
look for those that then lowest in STM.

This times 3 factor is a bit daunting for the timespan I imagine. It
would be great if we could get all the Acube outputs generated very
early on and then have everybody filter through it.

I think
 RULM = 431,
 RUF = 510,
 URD = 610,
 and general search
would be enough. I have a thing for URD type ones.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah I agree, using each turn mask all the time would make this
take
> forever.
>
> For cases that are really bad I try a lot of those different turn
> masks though too to try to find something.
>
> I wouldn't throw out RULM, or maybe I can do all the RULM searches,
> since some of my best ZBLL algs use M turns in an otherwise RUL
type
> alg too.
>
> This is where we need to find out what type of turns we all like
the
> most, and try to accomodate everyone.
>
> Actualyl it will take longer for just RUL searches, but will
include
> RULM moves too, maybe Doug we could condense the RUL into RULM and
be
> left with
>
> RULM = 431
> RUF = 510
> URD = 610
>
> The problem is I also like RULD = 630 moves and already 4 is
getting
> to be too much to do for every case.
>
> Perhaps we can restrict to the "all" general searches, and only do
the
> other side searches in case one of the cases we try just does not
have
> anything good at all.  The problem is that if we do these side
> searches for everything, Doug you may run too many searches.  Say
the
> RUL algs for one case stink, but the general includes an optimal
alg
> that is awesome?  We have then wasted that search time.
>
> I think getting just the QTM/HTM/STM searches for each case would
be
> an ok starting point.  From there STM solvers, HTM solvers, etc.
can
> search for the ones they like and if the algs stink, then
individualyl
> we can go through and search for lots of different metrics to find
> good alg.
>
> Chris
>

> Chris
>
> --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > That is way too many turnface mask codes.
> > We need just 2 or 3. Especially if we are searious about
searching
> > all 3 metrics (although I sugguest not doing slice metric).
> >
> > What I tend to do myself is search inf FTM/HTM all the time, and
> > then look at the subset of solutions that are lowest in QTM
within
> > those results.
> >
> > RUL = 430
> > RULM = 431
> > RUF = 510
> > URD = 610
> >
> > Are ones I like, in fact I think RUL is enough, so take out the
RULM.

> > Actually how about just RUL and a general search? Both only in
HTM.
> > And then we go back thorugh the especially slow cases.
> >
> > Cuz right now, it looks to me like every little thing you add
adds a
> > factor into the equation. And this really adds up....
> >

> > -Doug
> >

> > --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Hey Doug and all searchers,
> > >
> > > Start ACube with these
> > > java -cp ACube3.jar ACube a
> > > java -cp ACube3.jar ACube qa
> > > java -cp ACube3.jar ACube sa
> > >
> > > And preface the positions with whichever of these you like.
These
> > are
> > > all the search faces I've ever used.
> > >
> > > RUL = 430
> > > RULM = 431
> > > RU = 410
> > > LU = 420
> > > RUF = 510
> > > LUF = 520
> > > RUFM = 511
> > > LUFM = 521
> > > RULD = 630
> > > RUFD = 710
> > > LUFD = 720
> > > URD = 610
> > > ULD = 620
> > > MU = 401 (only for EPLL only)
> > > MUD = 601
> > > MUR = 411
> > > MUL = 421
> > >
> > > My style is heavily RULM influenced, so will be these face
> > groupings.
> > >  Please add any that I have left out that you all use.
> > >
> > > Everyone searching a case please put in the ACube codes for the
> > > position and preface it with the face groupings you like most.
> > >
> > > Now we need to know exactly who is searching which cases?  I
can do
> > > the T cases, since I already have a lot of my output files
still
> > from
> > > those.  For some reason my command window (where I run ACube)
won't