Sounds very good.
I know that I use the "~U" command too so that it doens't count the
U turn as part of the length when searching.
I am very strong when it comes to parsing data, writting parsers,
writting scripts that will turn the ACube output directly into a
webpage layout, stuff like that.
So you guys don't have to worry about filtering through data besides
making them all triggerific!

We need someone to write up a bunch of txt files with all the input
strings. Perhaps even separated into q,h,s metrics. But organized in
a really nice way.

It looks like it's something that I could run next weekend.

Just a lucky coincidence I'm doing a bit of computer lab admin this
weeka and setting up 20 brand new workstations (multi-processor)
that should help out big time.

I've been running ACube for over 6 years now, so I know how it's
done.

-Doug Li

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Doug,
>
> Wow that would be awesome!  I can start coming up with some search
> strings that I always use.
>
> Also, I think we should come up with a set procedure for the
searching
> so that every case gets the same amount of search time.
>
> Here is what I think should be done based on my experience with
the T
> and U cases, but I'm of course open to suggestions.
>
> First search for quartern turn optimized algs and print out all of
them.

> The startup string for ACube is then
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube qa
>
> Then search for all algs (this includes ones in RULM, RUF, etc..
since
> it prints every alg, or at least most of them, more on that later).
>
> Then since we have to accomodate all styles we should do the same
> thing in also HTM and STM.
>
> So the other two search strings would be
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube a (for HTM, since ACube defaults to HTM)
and
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube sa
>
> Now, everyone gets a copy of the QTM optimized list, and then the
STM
> users also take the STM list and the HTM users take the HTM list
too.

> When searching for an alg try to find the best ones on the QTM list
> that are also on either the HTM or STM list.  This gives you an
idea
> of what a fast alg in either HTM or STM is like.  Then compare you
QTM
> and HTM dual optimized alg to other algs on the HTM list and see if
> one is better.
>
> That is how I found all my ZBLL algs.  The QTM list is an amazingly
> powerful filter for algs, and I always use it in conjunction with
the
> HTM list (STM users would do well to also use it for their STM
algs I
> believe).
>
> So the most important is that we have a search string with each of
these
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube a
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube qa
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube sa
>
> Also, the program is more likely to find suboptimal length cases if
> you search within your preferred faces.
>
> Suboptimal length algs tend to be the faster ones for me (not
always
> of course).
>
> So you would again search in QTM for algs in the RULM group say,
and
> also in the HTM group.
>
> It is a tedious process, but the algs you get out of it the best
> quality I've been able to find.
>
> So this would mean that we may need to do a lot of searches on
each case.

> For example take a new H case.
>
> Now search that case in QTM with
> java -cp ACube3.jar ACube qa
>
> after that search is over, run another one still within QTM for
every
> preferred move group.  RUF, RULM, etc..
>
> Now restart ACube in HTM and STM and do the same, do an all search,
> and also search for our preferred face groups.
>
> This may be very repetitive, and not the most efficient way.  I am
not
> a computer programmer, so those with computer experience please
help
> to optimize this process!
>
> Basically, this is the procedure I used to find my best algs for
ZBLL.

> I think the most important is that any search must have a QTM
> counterpart to compare to the HTM and STM search to dual optimize
each
> alg for HTM and QTM or also STM and QTM.
>
> Also, it is very important that we also search specifically for
moves
> in our preferred move groups, since Acube doesn't print out every
> single alg it finds, but only 95-99% of them.  Also this maximizes
> your chances of finding the suboptimal length algs that are super
fast
> (suney type algs are a good example, ACube optimal searches weed
them
> out almost 100% of the time, since they are almost never optimal
> length)  I could only ever find suney type algs with searches in
RUL