--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Blossom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Welcome leafjoy (this is a beautiful, peaceful name you have!). I,
> too, am new to this group,(I use to be in this group by another name
> but left for awhile), though like yourself I've been practicing zen
> buddhism for many years. Close to 20, but seriously for about 14
> years. I've not interjected here in this group much, mostly just
> reading the posts. But there are a couple other groups I'm in that
I'm
> more active in. I see by your profile you're in OK City. Nice place?
> Hope you like this group and stay awhile! Peace, Blossom~--- In
> Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "mtpathy" <leafj0y@> wrote:

Well without going into a huge amount of detail theres several
things that i came across within my own practice and experiences that
has led me to zen,i suppose the first would be that through meditating
in a consistent manner ive learned to focus in on my own thoughts and
emotions so that im always concious of them,and in my own way i have
been teaching myself how to move within them,understand the deeper
meanings behind them,and i suppose learning to understand why anothers
action brings a reaction,and exploring this ive found that emotion
itself colors perception.
I'm honestly not intrested in exploring Zen as a religious practice
as in Zen Buddhism,but im instead intrested in exploring zen as a
practice of self.
Ive only read two books,the first was refered to me by my aikido
teacher,the books Being Zen by Ezra Bayda this book really made me
take a step back and look at my own practices that ive developed
and showed me methods that i havn't yet come to on working with
unfocused emotions and thoughts.
the other book that ive been reading lately is The Three Pillars of
Zen,by Philip Kapleau.
and this book has opened me up to a complely new practice of focus/
meditation that i wouldn't have ever found any other way.
the things ive practiced so far in the book are..
#1sitting within zazen,categorizing and contemplating thoughts that
arise,and by stating/categorizing these things as "what is this"
finding that they are less part of self as much as there part of
habit.
#2wall meditation, following the breath in line with thought to keep
both on the same path without wondering.
#3then theres the gradule letting go of breath and thought,to sit in
void,which my mind does light back up into the 1st or 2nd step at
that time its just starting over and repeating.
Likewise.  I'll elaborate a bit more soon.   Right now, I'm keen on Wu-
Wei.  Are
you familiar with it?  Actionless action.   Pretty cool.   Speak to
you soon.
isn't wu-wei meditation without contemplation,what the last practice
i wrote is supposed to achieve? #3.
Also thanks for the comment on my nick "leafj0y",it is and has always
been a metaphore for my practice.
salutations