On Sunday, May 07, 2006 MTPATHY wrote:

>i don't know what wu wei is

Wu-wei is a Chinese term for a concept central to Taoism.  It is usually
translated as 'doing by non-doing', or 'acting by non-action'.
Understanding this concept is not important in zen practice.

>i have simply been studying the
>act of sitting in zazen,sitting while attempting to be in
>attention.
>ive practiced placing breath and thought into the same path so
>both don't exist without the other.
>as if both were following each other on a pairalel line.
>ive practiced following breath,like moving deeper ito a cave,or
>using breath to keep a leaf afloat on a breeze.
>and ive practiced the act of neither, a gradual progression to sitting
>without focus on breath,or focus on thought.
>in the last act,i can sit for a time but my mind will realise that
>im sitting without either and will flash into either focus on breath
>but most likely flashes into the focus of mind.
>in this state i get a sense of "being in my head",or "sitting still
>and watching from afar,and yet participating within".
>so far this is all ive studied in zen.

What you describe above is central to zen and is really all you have to do
to effectively practice zen.

At the point you describe as 'the last act', you might try asking yourself
'What is it that is realizing, or what is this that is watching?'.

Gassho...Bill!

You can search right from your browser? It¿s easy and it¿s free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM