On June 15 Zen Warrior wrote:

>You may have misunderstood my message. I am aware
>signing onto this that it was a forum (and all the
>good/bad that goes with it). I also never stated that
>I had high privacy expectations (or any at all for that
>matter). [...balance snipped...]

Zen Warrior - I did misunderstand your messages.  I thought you were
surprised and complaining about the lack of privacy.  My apologies.

It is a valid consideration for some, however, and was a useful topic to
bring up.  At least it prompted Al to conduct a poll on the matter - and
we'll just have to wait and see the results.  I didn't know Al had the
option of securing the posts.

As for me, however, I don't think the content of my posts will change
whether the posts are googleable or not.  And in some ways I kind of agree
with Al (Oops!  Did I say that?)  that someone somewhere just might stumble
across the forum in a web search - and that's a good thing.  Of course if
that someone wants harm me because of something I've said and uses the forum
to track me down - that's a bad thing.  But, like I said in my previous
posts, the current benefits for me outweigh the unlikely detriments.

And speaking of benefits, WHERE'S ALL THE ZEN DISCUSSIONS GONE?  Your
posting did at least generate some activity on the forum, which has been
noticeably lacking lately, in fact ever since J*RV*S was very ceremonially
disposed of.  I wonder if there's a connection there...?

So...all of you who are 'lurking' on the forum - think up of some good
topics!  I'm working in Singapore for another week or so and have access to
a 100Mb link.  I'm ready to PAR-TIC-I-PATE at high speeds!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/iDk17A/hOaOAA/i1hLAA/S27xlB/TM