Chris,

I've also experienced a flush of energy during zazen.  I have no 
doubt this is the same energy that Chan (and other schools) refer to 
as 'chi'.

I've also experienced being suspended in a golden light or aura, 
floating out-of-body experiences, strong visualizations of Buddhist 
and other 'meaningful' symbols, sudden outbursts of sadness 
accompanied by uncontrollable crying,  feelings of tremendous joy, 
feelings of omnipotence - that I was in control of everything around 
me and all would do my bidding, etc...  My teacher at the time told 
me such things as these were maya and unimportant, and always 
refocused me to 'just sit'.  This advice proved very valuable to me.

I've read in Zen literature that sitting zazen and cultivating chi 
can lead to the ability to perform remarkable, maybe even 
supernatural, acts.  Even if this were true, this is not zen.  These 
are maya, and unimportant - attachments which you will have to 
eventually discard.

These are my opinions based on both teachings and personal experience.

...Bill!  

--- In [email protected], "cid830" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> 
> I experienced in deep practice of Zen a tremendous amount of ENERGY 
> while meditating. Usually just when I would reach a completely 
> relaxed state I would experience the most beautiful rush of energy, 
> but through my training I would just ignore this and continue my 
> concentration. 
> 
> Through my very limited knowledge of Chan, it seems to me that JM 
> speaks of this experience of ENERGY the tangible experience of Chi. 
> It seems to me the He can manipulate this energy, or karma, or chi 
> for positive values. 
> 
> So that seems to me at least part of it; hopefully JM can help me 
out 
> alittle.  But that seems to also be a difference between Chan and 
Zen.
> Zen just experience Just This, and Chan, cultivate the energies of 
> Just This for a positive existence. 
> 
> Later,
> And I always reserve the right to completely be Wrong!
> 
> Chris
>



------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to