From: cid830 >if you detach yourself from your Ego through these
'mind-numbing' practices you will be a better person, more in-tune with the
world around you and enabling you to be an agent of change or positive
influence to others. >

I would like that, but Bill, Mike, Edgar, etc., state it is just an illusion
which is trancended when you reach the JUST THIS stage.

I realize that I can be a bit combative about some issues, so I apologize
for that. I think a while back I hit this wall we are discussing now and it
was never clarified for me and I gave up on zen and just chalked it up as
another bogus path that I had followed.

I am enjoying this discussion because I realize that it is something that
has been bothering me for a long time. Where is the connection to God,
Universal, Dharma, ancestors, etc. What is the point of living a good life
if it means nothing and has no value? Why make sacrifices if we are just
bits of meaningless nothing?