From: cid830 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 7 September, 2008 10:19:01
Subject: [Zen] Chan?

Bill,

I experienced in deep practice of Zen a tremendous amount of ENERGY
while meditating. Usually just when I would reach a completely
relaxed state I would experience the most beautiful rush of energy,
but through my training I would just ignore this and continue my
concentration.

Through my very limited knowledge of Chan, it seems to me that JM
speaks of this experience of ENERGY the tangible experience of Chi.
It seems to me the He can manipulate this energy, or karma, or chi
for positive values.

So that seems to me at least part of it; hopefully JM can help me out
alittle.  But that seems to also be a difference between Chan and Zen.
Zen just experience Just This, and Chan, cultivate the energies of
Just This for a positive existence.

Later,
And I always reserve the right to completely be Wrong!

Chris