I too have enjoyed these latest threads, even though I'm afraid some of the intended meanings may go over my head. I believe the connection to God is reached through strict meditation (sure there are other ways, but this is the ZEN_Forum)... We still have our individual personalities that will shape what we do when we are within our practice. No matter how close to a Buddha one may be, we still have our Ego. If one chooses, he may use his new-found awareness to help others, somewhat like a bodhidarma. A Zen practitioner can still be a contributing member of society, we still must live our lives. I do still enjoy hearing of Chan from JM. Although I do now feel that JM may want to start a Chan_Forum. I see the two practices are quite different. It is admirable to sync to this life-force energy that several of us acknowledge is there, but JM takes an active role in using this energy for purposes of other's health and well-being. While this is admirable, it definitely is not Zen. I do believe the the Buddha himself practiced Zen, even if Zen is said to have been started at a later date... Like I have heard before, it was always there, the Buddha is just credited with the 1st person who found it. Through Zen like meditation, and living the precepts and wisdom he had gained. The Eight-fold path, the Middle Way and such. But that is just my buddhist philosophy that is coloring my opinion.
Thanks Anyway, Later, Chris --- In [email protected], "Fitness63" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > From: cid830 >if you detach yourself from your Ego through these > 'mind-numbing' practices you will be a better person, more in-tune with the > world around you and enabling you to be an agent of change or positive > influence to others. > > > I would like that, but Bill, Mike, Edgar, etc., state it is just an illusion > which is trancended when you reach the JUST THIS stage. > > I realize that I can be a bit combative about some issues, so I apologize > for that. I think a while back I hit this wall we are discussing now and it > was never clarified for me and I gave up on zen and just chalked it up as > another bogus path that I had followed. > > I am enjoying this discussion because I realize that it is something that > has been bothering me for a long time. Where is the connection to God, > Universal, Dharma, ancestors, etc. What is the point of living a good life > if it means nothing and has no value? Why make sacrifices if we are just > bits of meaningless nothing? > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
