Come on guys, there is an ancient tradition of people giving beggars and mendicants food in India. You are basing these dumb ideas on the US today where Buddha would quickly have been locked up as a public nuisance. And I'm sure he would have no problem washing his own loincloth in the local river. I hope you guys don't actually believe the stuff you are saying..... How many changes of underwear do you think one has to have to become enlightened?! I believe the tradition is that a beggars bowl and his loincloth or robe were his only possessions. The rest he left behind with his family.

Edgar