Wow!  And I thought the Buddha had left his wealth (and family)
behind in search of the cause of and relief from suffering. I
thought he tried a multitude of techniques before settling on living
the Middle Way. I thought he told people not to follow him, but to
use his technique of meditation and following the Eight-Fold path to
living Nirvana. What a selfish fat bastard he was to dare to claim
that each of us can acknowledge our cause of suffering and free
ourselves from it.  And I thought that the Buddha was not really
fat, that is just a depiction that was given to him when his legend
migrated to China, I forget the meaning though. But then again, who
knows.  I guess Al does! My bias is showing. Thank You Al, for
bringing the me to the realization that my beliefs are all wrong. I
can't believe that fat bastard, through preaching compassion for all
living beings and ultimately the end of one's suffering, was
actually just looking for a free meal and a place to sit his fat
lazy ass!  That Sorry, family deserting, dead-beat, selfish
Bastard!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Fitness63" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think Buddha Nature is a bigger illusion than CHI. I never talk
about it at all, because I do not think that there is Buddha Nature.
Buddha was not God, he was just some fat prince that could afford to
sit in a cave for nine years without starving to death because there
was some other unknown bastards bringing him food and water and
busting their respective asses so that one rich fucker could find
enlightenment.

> So whatever he found, it existed before he found it, and I don't
think of it as Buddha Nature anymore than I think of it as "Rich
Lazy Fat Bastard Nature."

> So Chi means more to me as a word than Buddha Nature. When you
think about the whole story of the Buddha it brings up some issues,
like why wasn't that fat bastard working in the fields helping
people instead of sitting in a cave.

> Not to mention that he gives no mentions to the staff of people
that took care of him for nine years. He wasn't coming out of the
cave to hunt and fish so someone else was doing that for him, and
those guys and gals got no credit at all. That seems very selfish.
It should be called "Dedicated Servants Nature" in honor of the
folks that actually were working during the nine years that fat boy
was meditating.

> Al

Buddha
>   Nature and Bad Buddha Nature, etc...; would you?
>
>   Bill!
>
>   --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Fitness63" <fitness63@> wrote:
>   >
>   > From: Bill Smart<as soon as you enter into a
>   > dualistic despription of chi, assigning it such qualities as
>   personal chi,
>   > universal chi, good chi, bad chi, feminine chi, masuline chi,
stong
>   chi,
>   > weak chi, etc..., you are no longer talking about chi, you're
just
>   babbling
>   > about some illusions and attachments you have in regards to
the
>   concept of
>   > chi.>
>   >
>   > Chi is an illusion anyway, so why not qualify your illusions.
After