Hi Al, Chan is the universal life force and wisdom.  It provides life
and all the nutrients to support us, equally to everyone of us without
preference.  In the question you asked  ".....everything you want?", the
word "want" is the problem.  The funny thing about Chan practice is
first to let go of the ego, meaning let go of all the "want", then we
can enter the tiny gate of stillness, only when we still, we can be
connected to the universal life force and wisdom.  Then the True Form
will be unfold to us.

Simply by wanting it to happen or guessing that it may happen or imaging
it or taking LSD, it will not happen.

Purity is the first stage in our practice, it means purity of body, mind
and spirit.  that is just the beginning.  The good thing about our
school is anyone can practice and witness oneself.
JM