Edgar Owen Anthony is anticipating what will happen if he runs into a
killer or how he will react while starving, I see Bill's point as
telling him the anticipation is the problem. The zen training will
allow him to react to the situation at hand from his Buddha Nature. >

That is kind of limited. What happens when you get old and did not
save any money your entire life? What is Buddha Nature going to tell
you? Rob a bank? Pull a pension out of your ass?? Buddha Nature is
over-rated and I think that Zen needs to grow up and deal with the
reality that you cannot just react on the spot to every situation in

It is easy for some robed monk sitting on his ass all day to react to
his life. He has to choose between rice and noodles, sweeping the
floor or mopping the hall. GET REAL.