From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Kristy McClain
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:34 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Death

Good Eve DP,

I understand.. But what YOU don't  understand yet is that OCD... is your
particular  vulnwerability.   I spent 25 minutes underwater. I drowned.   Don't
you think I faced rehab.. and my own inabilities.. not to mention judgements
from others during recovery??

For me.. part of Zen practice is acknowledging and accepting the real flaws I
have. It would have been easier if I had parents who, (though they love me),
were not  perfectionists.  THEIR needs for me to be brilliant, beautiful,
Ivy-Leaguerd--educated-and married-to-wealth and power~  certainly  would  have
made my recovery  easier, shorter, and  would have provided  me with real life
options.

They lived in fantasy--assuming I would STILL  recover and be all those things.
 But what I realized some time later is that "I" had to embrace and live values
that were right for me.

*sigh*  There isn't a person on the planet without problems, disabilities, or
inabilities.

Harsh as it reads.. you "ain't nuttin' special".  We've all got  struggles,
problems, sorrors

and questions.  I will always have some residual problems stemming from my
accident.   You are  wise enough to not only  join a group like this, but to
acknowledge your own problems openly here.

Perhaps the best thing I can offer you is that I don't feel sorry for you.

You have unique gifts to offer. We all do.  Get busy in finding yours.. and
offer them to others.  Remember.. there are small children with OCD who don't
understand their  problems.  Maybe you can help them.

The "presence" you may be seeking is outside yourself.  Look within to what you
can offer, rather than what you can  "feel"  from some  higher "spiritual
parent".

Give first.  At least try.

With  compassion,

Kristy

thank you for your kind words. My main setback is that I've never *felt* a true
presence of anything outside this world.