From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kristy McClain
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:06 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Practical Mysticism - Evelyn Underhill

*chuckles*

I'm glad we both  got our rants out for all to witness;)

I guess I was just truly disgruntled by this trend to somehow make the
dharma  palatable to the westerner.  Either the teaching has value and
wisdom--or it doesn't.  I don't think one changes the teaching to suit the
student.  The teaching exists so the student can change within.  Its the
square peg ~ round hole issue.  If a westerner mindset is  stuck in
ignorance and ego-drive, contorting the teachings  does not seem like a
reasoned response.

Kristy