I don't think   you understood my intent or the larger context, but no matter.
I  also am American  , and practice zen.

--- On Thu, 9/16/10, Jody W. Ianuzzi <j...@thewhitehats.com> wrote:

From: Jody W. Ianuzzi <j...@thewhitehats.com>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: Practical Mysticism - Evelyn Underhill
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 5:54 PM

Wow, this is throwing the baby out with the bath water! What a
stereotypical summary of western zen practice. So what are we westerners to
do? I guess we should just give up.........

I don't practice zen this way and I live in America. I don't spend any
money and I don't believe every 'instant enlightenment' fad I hear either.