--- On Wed, 10/6/10, mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 4:19 AM

  Good Morning Mike,

Sorry this is delayed~~ I've been away, and haven't read mail.  Haven't even
been on a cushion in three days (which is  a long time for me).

I just wanted to comment that I didn't know you lived in Japan.  How
delightful:)  My partner and I will be there in January.  He has been asked to
consult on a few pediatric neuro-surgical cases, and I will be teaching  a few
yoga and mindful awareness classes.

I wish we were going to be there in the spring~~ we bought a home recently, and
my love of Japanese design has  me busy planning a Japanese garden with
adjacent  zendo /tea room;)

Thanks for all your great comments--

Be well..

Kristy

Kristy,

I think I'm much more like your dad - I like the description 'gender-blind' :
)     I also have a daughter (and 2 sons) and have always encouraged her in any
endeavour she wishes to undertake. Gender is not a consideration. I also agree
regarding the differences between the sexes and liking it. I think that's a
large part of my liking life here in Japan. The women here are so relaxed about
he different roles the genders take compared to the uptightness in the west.
Vive la difference!

Mike