From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 5:38 AM

I couldn't believe the first time I went to a Japanese foodhall (in a mall) and
the queue for McDonalds was 20 people and the traditional food places (ramen,
okanomiyaki etc.) were empty! Still, Japan is an alternative reality for those
of us from the West. No violence, extreme politeness (getting bowed to for
ordering a Big Mac is still a thrill), no obesity (except for sumo wrestlers
who are seen as gods), trains that run on time *to the minute*, drinking in
public is ok, children as young as 10 still travelling on trains at 11pm and
*safe* etc etc. And the women.. oh my god, the women... Yep, won't be leaving
any time soon (although I'm going to Bali, India, Nepal and Thailand this Xmas
for 3 months!).