--- In [email protected], Maria Lopez <flordel...@...> wrote: >
> Bill: > I wouldn't say about me that there is no arrogance. There is sometimes arrogance in me specially when something irritates me. Mayka, You mean that you are not *really* responsible for your elevated self-image, but are at the mercy of your irritating ambiance? ;-) > However in the case of posting to ED arrogance was not intended. >My intention was to make ED react in his Buddha nature and this was my arrogance. He was right to point it out. > My intention was a good intention but I lacked of the skill and instead I provoke in the reaction of his ego defending itself. Mayka, I am consumed with envy for your ever well-intentioned and ego-free speech and behavior, and I am quite disgusted with my own defensive ego-puke. > He appeared to be fluid in his zen notions but somehow his mind was entangled and limited by it. You have pointed to us how *not* to be. Could you also edify us with a description of how *to be*, by outlining the workings of your own mind? Thanks. > Just wanted to help him to get out of that. Mayka, I am overwhelmed by your compassion. > I have a long, long way to learn from your skill and ability to communicate appropriately in a way that the talk is beneficial to the listener. > Mayka In my estimation, Bill is an example of the effect that achieving kensho/satori can have on a zen practitioner. Whether what he says and, more importantly, how he says it, is beneficial to any specific individual or not, is a function of that person's degree of evolution. When you relate to me and others as Bill does, I will acknowledge your attainment of a mature kensho/satori - and it looks to me right now that that may be decades away - as would be the case for me too. --ED
