From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 24 October, 2010, 16:10

> Bill:

> I wouldn't say about me that there is no arrogance.  There is sometimes
> arrogance in me specially when something irritates me.
Mayka,
You mean that you are not *really* responsible for your elevated self-image,
but are at the mercy of your irritating ambiance? ;-)

> However in the case of  posting to ED arrogance was not intended.
>My intention was to make ED react in his Buddha nature and this was my
>arrogance.  He was right to point it out.
> My intention was a good intention but I lacked of the skill and instead I
> provoke in the reaction of his ego defending itself.

Mayka, I am consumed with envy for your ever well-intentioned and ego-free
speech and behavior, and I am quite disgusted with my own defensive ego-puke.

> He appeared to be fluid in his zen notions but somehow his mind was entangled
> and limited by it.
You have pointed to us how *not* to be.  Could you also edify us with a
description of how *to be*, by outlining the workings of your own mind?  Thanks.

>  Just wanted to help him to get out of that.
Mayka, I am overwhelmed by your compassion.

> I have a long, long way to learn from your skill and ability to communicate
> appropriately in a way that the talk is beneficial to the listener.
> Mayka

In my estimation, Bill is an example of the effect that achieving kensho/satori
can have on a zen practitioner.
Whether what he says and, more importantly, how he says it, is beneficial to
any specific individual or not, is a function of that person's degree of
evolution.
When you relate to me and others as Bill does, I will acknowledge your
attainment of a mature kensho/satori - and it looks to me right now that that
may be decades away - as would be the case for me too.