ED: Not sure if I have fully understood your questioning: Do you mean that I have an elevated ego image about myself or do you mean that I'm an arrogant after all or do you mean that I look others below me? What is that that you're trying to tell me?. There is no deny of being often under myself ego spell. But so you are and everyone else is. I tell you a trick of the ego: when I'm under its spell domination then I become defencive, reactive....Were you under ego spell at the same time of writing this posting?. And this last is a question coming from my own ego. PS: Till you won't sit down and experience buddha nature, you will not have a way of knowing when is the ego that takes place in people posting and when is the buddha nature. Mayka --- On Sun, 24/10/10, ED <[email protected]> wrote:
From: ED <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question To: [email protected] Date: Sunday, 24 October, 2010, 16:10 --- In [email protected], Maria Lopez <flordel...@...> wrote: > > Bill: > I wouldn't say about me that there is no arrogance. There is sometimes > arrogance in me specially when something irritates me. Mayka, You mean that you are not *really* responsible for your elevated self-image, but are at the mercy of your irritating ambiance? ;-) > However in the case of posting to ED arrogance was not intended. >My intention was to make ED react in his Buddha nature and this was my >arrogance. He was right to point it out. > My intention was a good intention but I lacked of the skill and instead I > provoke in the reaction of his ego defending itself. Mayka, I am consumed with envy for your ever well-intentioned and ego-free speech and behavior, and I am quite disgusted with my own defensive ego-puke. > He appeared to be fluid in his zen notions but somehow his mind was entangled > and limited by it. You have pointed to us how *not* to be. Could you also edify us with a description of how *to be*, by outlining the workings of your own mind? Thanks. > Just wanted to help him to get out of that. Mayka, I am overwhelmed by your compassion. > I have a long, long way to learn from your skill and ability to communicate > appropriately in a way that the talk is beneficial to the listener. > Mayka In my estimation, Bill is an example of the effect that achieving kensho/satori can have on a zen practitioner. Whether what he says and, more importantly, how he says it, is beneficial to any specific individual or not, is a function of that person's degree of evolution. When you relate to me and others as Bill does, I will acknowledge your attainment of a mature kensho/satori - and it looks to me right now that that may be decades away - as would be the case for me too. --ED
