My correction. Edgar is great, and his co-moderator Bill is second great.

Anthony

--- On Mon, 25/10/10, Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

From: Edgar Owen <edgaro...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Zen and the Brain
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Cc: billsm...@hhs1963.org
Date: Monday, 25 October, 2010, 6:02 PM

Correction Bill - those are my words, not Al's. You should know that as we
discussed it when I wrote them and updated the Home Page.....

Edgar

On Oct 25, 2010, at 12:00 AM, <billsm...@hhs1963.org> <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
wrote:

Ed,

To the best of my knowledge the Yahoo! Zen Forum was established by Albert
Batista in 2002. Al does not participate often now, but has entrusted the
Moderator's role of the forum to Edgar Owen (who also doesn't now
participate very often) and me. As part of the Zen Forum Home Page
description of the forum Al wrote:

“We believe that true Zen is a realization and way of life which may be
found and practiced anywhere and is not confined within the gates of any
particular temple or sutra. While many of our members have studied Zen
formally we are not constrained by any particular teaching and seek to cut
directly through to reality wherever we may find ourselves.

Thus you will find this group a fun and freewheeling group that brings many
interesting and diverse perspectives to a serious and sometimes passionate
discussion of Zen. We welcome all new members at whatever level with an
interest in Zen and enlightenment to participate. On this group we are all
students, and all teachers!”

That is as an official answer as I can give you.

Of course each participant may have different reasons for participating in
this forum, and would therefore have different opinions on what the zen
forum ‘was about’.

For me the Zen Forum is an e-sangha, somewhere I can go to discuss zen and
other related subjects with others.

What do you think the Zen Forum is ‘about’?

…Bill!