From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 5 November, 2010, 10:09 AM

Anthony,
Please look into your own mind and tell us what motivation (other than
curiosity) prompted you to ask that question.
--ED
PS: In Mahayana and Tantrayana Tibetan Buddhism, there is strong focus
on motivation.

ED,

Please find the most representative definitions of sex ritual. I limit you to 3
of them. It is best if they shed light on the relationship with lust and
spiritualism.

I am curious why Tantrism attaches so much significance to that.

Anthony

Definitions of illusion on the Web:

an erroneous mental representation
something many people believe that is false; "they have the illusion that I am
very wealthy"
delusion: the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
magic trick: an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain normally
organizes and interprets sensory stimulation. While illusions distort reality,
they are generally shared by most people. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion

Bill,

Thank you for clarification of the sense in which persons who are enlightened
experience reality.

However to the more than 99.9999% of humans who do not experience
satori, 'Maya' is very, very real.

Therefore, I submit to the Zen Forum the proposition that the reality
experienced by the very, very few is not relevant to the world.