From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 14 November, 2010, 2:10 PM

Anthony,

Issan is indeed a Thai dialect. It's kind of a blend of Thai and Lao.

It's obvious that Chinese is the major contributor to the Thai ethnic mix.
Their culture, written language, traditional dress, etc..., seems to also have
a lot of Indian qualities. And physically I think the people that look the
closest to Thais are Filipinos. In fact several times my wife was approached by
Filipinos while we were waiting for a flight who thought she was Filipino also.

...Bill!