  From: ED
  To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:41 PM
  Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas

  Genetic map of Europe

  http://bigthink.com/ideas/21358

  "Two observations spring to mind immediately: the fact that most populations
overlap so intimately with their neighbours. And that Finland doesn't.

  The isolation of Finnish genetics can be explained by the fact that they were
at one time a very small population, preserving its genetic idiosyncrasies as
it expanded."

  --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Lluís Mendieta <lme...@...> wrote:

  > Hi, Ed
  >
  > Sorry for my poor english
  > I tried to mean that the rest of europeans, excluding finnish, and for
that, hungarians, lapons and seems basques, speak an indo european idiom. And
probably population origin in Asia

  > Finnish are also westerner in my mindset (yes, it s said that they come
here as invaders, with Attila; so maybe central asia origin)

  > I do not see them as easterner language..But not being a linguist, I maybe
very well wrong,

  > Anyway, there is (or at least was) an extreme moviment in Hungarian that
relates them as related to japanese, the turanism.