Chris,

To the contrary. I do not recommend Big Mind , necessarily.  In fact, I have
said here that it is not a process that works for me. It seems a bit like group
therapy, but not about zen.  I know it well, as I have a home in UT, (though I
live in CA).  Gempo Roshi's  zen center is just two miles from my home there.
I did attend many meditation  groups , classes and even a few  retreats
there..   I am friends with Diane Musho Hamilton, and she received her
transmission from Gempo Roshi.  Actually, I have been critical of this teaching
model in the past, but now--  Well, I truly feel that there are different
methods that work for different  personalities and cultures. So, if one finds
Big Mind meaningful, thats okay by me. I don't believe in one recipe. I do
think it may attract people who would not normally include zen, or any
spiritual practice in their lives. If so, then, I think there is a benefit to
society at large.

I mentioned athlete, as you seem to be a cyclist, and  you mentioned  how
poignantly your sweat cools on your shirt. I was going to add that I  was very
impressed.  Not only are you getting exercise, you are reducing your carbon
footprint, and  saving trees by using an e-reader;)

I will definitely look at the book your children enjoy.  Might be a fun
surprise for my nephew.
Take care,

Kristy