From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anthony Wu
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:21 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas

ED,

Refers to zazen without any specific focus or technique. So JM's Heart Chan is
different, as he cultivates 'chi', instead of no technique. I think this is the
key point that zazen has no focus or technique, while sitting with other
schools involves manipulating chi, or concentration on an object.

Shikantaza is literally 'just sit'. It can result in varied directions, such as
clear mind or stillness, as well as sex dreams or comprehensive murder plans.

Anthony