Hi Ed,

True. In the world of words, instead of emptiness, I prefer to use the phrase of "incomplete".

Every perspective is a valid one, just incomplete.

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

On 11/25/2010 6:50 AM, ED wrote:

JMJM,

Emptiness maybe, but more pertinent to our discussion, according to Bill, they should not be of interest to anyone else as they are not *their* experience.

--ED

PS: I do not necessarily disagree with Bill.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming  wrote:

Ed,

Correct. All these description are "description of experience". No one in the world can know you what you have experienced. Therefore the description of any states is just emptiness.

Therefore these type of discussion is emptiness.. :-)

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

Hi JMJM,

All you can correctly assert is that you have experiened something. You cannot all by yourself tell whether what you have experienced is samadhi or kensho.