From: Lluís Mendieta <lme...@intermail.es>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Three Buddhist Practices
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 25 November, 2010, 5:34 AM

Hi, Anthony

"You say: "  The Sixth Patriarch did not even read or write." Yes, you are
right, but he asked others to read and write for him, because he was
illiterate. In other words, he had trouble with Chinese ideographic characters,
but he was very smart in understanding language. That is a paradox."

Moghul emperor Akbhar is said that he could not read not write (he seems that
was dislexic). Nevertheless, he had an extremely good memoire, was extremely
inteligent...and founded his own religion (illahi; his coins could be read
Allah is great...or Akbhar is God). For what I read, only two adherents:
himself and a counsellor....

Could not be that sixth patriarch (may I ask, ignorant of me, of which line? I
am used to the line of Kargyuptas. Tilopa, Naropa, Marpa, Milarepa. No much
more....), just be dislexic?. Not so uncommon

All blessings have its hinderings.

With best wishes

Lluís