Related phrases:   mindfulness of breath
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:mindfulness+of+breath&defl=\
en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAQQowMoAA>    mindfulness
meditation
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:mindfulness+meditation&defl\
=en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAUQowMoAQ>    miracle of
mindfulness
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:miracle+of+mindfulness&defl\
=en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAYQowMoAg>    nashville
mindfulness center
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:nashville+mindfulness+cente\
r&defl=en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAcQowMoAw>    mindfulness
relaxation
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:mindfulness+relaxation&defl\
=en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAgQowMoBA>    mindfulness of
others
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:mindfulness+of+others&defl=\
en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAkQowMoBQ>    establish
mindfulness
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:establish+mindfulness&defl=\
en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAoQowMoBg>    mindfulness of
breathing
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:mindfulness+of+breathing&de\
fl=en&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CAsQowMoBw>

Definitions of mindfulness on the Web:
    * the trait of staying aware of (paying close attention to) your
responsibilities
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%\
3Fs%3Dmindfulness&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBAQpAMoAA&usg=AFQ\
jCNGmG387t5eIsqksRBAKEsEMmfK_uA>

    * Mindfulness (Sanskrit: smṛti, Pali: sati) plays a central
role in the teaching of Buddhist meditation where it is affirmed that
"correct" or "right" mindfulness (Sanskrit samyak-smṛti, Pali:
samm¨¡-sati) is the critical factor in the path to liberation and
subsequent enlightenment.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(Buddhism)
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(B\
uddhism)&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBEQpAMoAQ&usg=AFQjCNGzuDfF\
cXQwQ1lAM2Yqa0Iu-nPOng>

    * Modern clinical psychology and psychiatry beginning in the 1970s
have developed a number of therapeutic applications based on the concept
of mindfulness (Pali sati or Sanskrit smriti) in Buddhist meditation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(psychology)
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(p\
sychology)&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBIQpAMoAg&usg=AFQjCNE0aW\
l-kvxM1AEs9MpHp_n3_fW_iw>

    * awareness; inclination to be mindful or aware; a meditative state
of enhanced awareness
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mindfulness
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mindfulness&s\
a=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBMQpAMoAw&usg=AFQjCNFsgUSA-1xsM3Bh4X\
bgdh3TOlxYbA>

    * mindfully - in a careful deliberate manner
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%\
3Fs%3Dmindfully&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBQQpAMoBA&usg=AFQjC\
NF9I8qTq22usdyky4BYpI31D7p9Sg>

    * mindfully - In a mindful manner
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mindfully
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mindfully&sa=\
X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBUQpAMoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHzDBSCVvCBmGyC1fuX\
89EK2Hx24A>

    * A popular meditation method based on Buddhist principles and
developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts
Medical School. Mindfulness is a state of compassionate, non-judgmental
awareness of the moment.
www.australiannaturaltherapistsassociation.com.au/resources/glossary.php
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.australiannaturaltherapistsassoc\
iation.com.au/resources/glossary.php&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=\
0CBYQpAMoBg&usg=AFQjCNHwRAyhgiOpEVW56JehDDalQWvlkg>

    * sati (qv); s. satipatth¨¢na. - Right m.: s. sacca, magga.
www.urbandharma.org/udharma2/dictionary/bd16.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma2/diction\
ary/bd16.html&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBcQpAMoBw&usg=AFQjCNG\
g2c-tfTgz4xgEnsmSSB9T8FbX0A>

    * The mental quality of non-judgmental attention that can see things
directly as they appear in the present moment.
www.gaiahouse.co.uk/page.php
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.gaiahouse.co.uk/page.php%3Fid%3D\
150&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBgQpAMoCA&usg=AFQjCNGxLmwj63tFG\
4tSgCZ0etTtOOLhlA>

    * A form of meditation that was originally developed in the Buddhist
traditions of Asia but is practiced today by many, from meditators in
monasteries to physicians in stress-reduction clinics. Mindfulness can
be defined as awareness of each moment as it occurs and a purposeful
attention. ...
www.isabellehutton.com/alternativehealing_resources.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.isabellehutton.com/alternativehe\
aling_resources.html&sa=X&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBkQpAMoCQ&usg=\
AFQjCNHDjkVl1HbthiGifvvgin1cLIJa_g>

    * The energy to be here and to witness deeply everything that happens
in the present moment, aware of what is going on within and without.
www.ccmphome.org/
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ccmphome.org/%3Fpage_id%3D5&sa=X\
&ei=7J4eTeXULI6CsQP_2c3SAg&ved=0CBoQpAMoCg&usg=AFQjCNFReoAnwCtQ8zX8p8IHo\
3DoLqe8kQ>

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Dave P" <wookielife...@...> wrote:

> I have wondered about the word itself, and it sounds like it isn't the
best fit.

> However, I've noted that some have described what is translated as
"nothingness" is better translated as "no thingness," as in nothing is
with inherent form

> I wonder if something similar could be said about mindfullness.
"Mindful" in the Western sense seems to be directing your attention in
one direction, However, maybe a better translation is "mind fullness,"
as in you experience everything with the fullness of your mind. Or am I
way off here?