Dearest Dave,

When we suffer, one of the symptoms is to be distrustful of every suggestion, because we have been cheated continuously far too long. Instead of questioning or thinking.... may I suggest....

If you could, please take fifteen minutes every day to do belly breathing for 30 days at same time and same place by following my instructions from my previous post.

If you promise that you will commit to belly breathing for 30 days, I will help by transmit the blessing of GuanYin Bodhisatva to you.

Deal?
JM

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

On 1/1/2011 9:39 AM, Dave P wrote:

Here's another dillemma i've had. the idea that everything is under control, and the difference between that and choice. There is the phrase "pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." I think that there is truth in that, but I still feel that choosing to feel one may nmeans that you have to ACT. That your actions have consequences that you cannot control, a notion that paralyzes me. Can mindfulness help with that? If so, how?