Characteristics of a mind of Buddhist 'mindfulness' (?)

o   Ever aware, watchful, set, ready

o   Brightly alert attention to internal, bodily and external phenomena
in the here and now

o   Not evaluative, just experiencing without internal comment

o   Single-minded and whole-hearted

Buddhist mindfulness is both full and empty (?)

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Joriki Dat Baker" <ko...@...>
wrote:

> Or the emptiness of mind.
>
> I wonder if something similar could be said about mindfulness.
"Mindful" in the Western sense seems to be directing your attention in
one direction, However, maybe a better translation is "mind fullness,"
as in you experience everything with the fullness of your mind. Or am I
way off here?

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com,  ED posted:

> "Related terms and practices  ...   <snip> "
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(Buddhism
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(Buddhism> )

> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Dave P" wookielifeday@ wrote:
> >
> > I have wondered about the word itself, and it sounds like it isn't
the best fit.

> > However, I've noted that some have described what is translated as
"nothingness" is better translated as "no thingness," as in nothing is
with inherent form